The Mission Statement of SPCDC
- The mission of Selwyn Presbyterian Child Development Center is to provide developmentally appropriate high quality childcare in a caring Christian environment
- We serve Church membership and surrounding community children six weeks to five years of age.
- We strive to develop a partnership with the family by providing parenting educational opportunities and open communications to encourage parent participation in our program.
- We provide a safe and happy place; where all races, genders, creeds and abilities are recognized, valued and celebrated.
- We pledge to nurture all children committed to our care in a manner reflecting GOD’s love.
Statement of Philosophy
Major goals of our program:
- To create and maintain an environment for children that is safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate.
- To serve as a local outreach of the Selwyn Avenue Presbyterian Church to families and children in our care, and to maintain a healthy partnership in this co-ministry.
- To provide nurture, education and fellowship to the children, parents and staff of our Center.
- To establish a classroom environment that is child directed rather than teacher directed in order to promote the practice of independent thinking skills.
- To build a classroom structure of discipline based on limits and choices which foster inner direction of children.